Are you a Veterinarian in search of an opportunity to join a well established, successful and friendly practice? Does the concept of establishing respect and trust with clients through long term professional relationships and having the opportunity to treat every pet with the same passion and care as if they were your own appeal to you? If so, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Pets Favorite Vet in Spartanburg, SC is adding an Associate DVM to our busy and thriving Veterinary Practice! This opportunity is open to candidates who have graduated from an accredited Veterinary school and qualify for or already possess licensure in the state of South Carolina. Candidates with the following knowledge, skills and abilities are encouraged to apply!
Both experienced DVMs and new graduates are welcome! To assist us in taking excellent care of our patients, you should have the following education, experience, and qualities:
- Graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Program.
- License to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of South Carolina, or qualify for licensure.
- A positive, friendly demeanor is a must! The team will look to you for leadership and you will be depended upon to help uphold our professional standards and integrity as well as support and participate in our positive practice culture.
- Be knowledgeable and skilled in the practice of veterinary medicine and general soft tissue surgery
- Possess excellent marketing skills to justify and encourage diagnostic and treatment plans for patients and embolden follow-through by clients.
- A team oriented mind-set with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Continued interest in your professional growth, the growth and success of the practice.
- An educational approach to client communication. The more our clients know - the better care they can take of their pets!
- An interest in practicing integrative medicine, or bringing a personal specialty to our patients is encouraged.
Compensation & Benefits
A competitive compensation package will be designed to reflect your qualifications and the number of days/hours you are available to work. There is room for negotiation so let’s talk!
In addition to competitive pay, other benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Continuing Education
- Discounted pet care for your own furry family members
- And more!
Hours & Availability
Pet’s Favorite Vet is open Tuesday - Friday from 8am - 7pm, and we offer extremely flexible scheduling for our Doctors! Does 4-day work weeks with 3-day weekends interest you? We thought so! Let's talk about your availability today!
If another day time (still no weekends) schedule works better for you, we can work around your availability.
We are a fast growing and progressive practice delivering excellent patient care in a fun and friendly environment. With a little over a year under our belt we are continuing to expand due to a popular following amongst local pet people and an excellent community reputation. Pet’s Favorite Vet is the only Fear Free Certified Practice in the area with clients driving past dozens of clinics for our gentle approach. We are committed to helping all of our team to reach their potential professionally and personally and provide all the support necessary for you to reach your goals in a caring, fun and supportive environment!
Pet’s Favorite Vet is 100% locally owned so there is no mysterious “corporate” owner or partner to dictate how you practice. We offer an attractive salary with great performance incentives so you are rewarded for your hard work. Whether you are a young energetic practitioner looking for an inspiring practice to leapfrog years in your learning curve with committed mentorship, or you are more experienced and want to expand your career opportunities and reach your true potential in a practice that values work life balance, we would love to meet you!
If you are selected to participate in the interview process for this position we will notify you via the email address provided in the application process. Please be sure to monitor your junk mail folder to ensure you receive communication from us!