**Up to $145k Base Salary as MDVM (varies based on qualifications/experience)
Cape Fear Animal Hospital located in Fayetteville, NC is seeking an experienced Medical Director / Managing Veterinarian - GP to join our team!
Do you want to lead an amazing family of veterinary professionals whose goal is to provide the highest level of medicine? Cape Fear Animal Hospital has been providing comprehensive veterinary medical, surgical and dental care to the Fayetteville area since 1946. Our foundation is simple. We treat our patients as our own, with compassion, competency and empathy. Our drive for excellence has united unique individuals that are dedicated to supporting the human-animal bond through progressive medicine, innovative solutions and family service.
Bond with your patients and their families with 30 minute appointment slots. Take time for yourself with a 4 day work week and a rotating Saturday (1-2 per month). Have freedom to concentrate and develop strengths in areas of special interest. See what our clients have to say about us and take a look behind the scenes:
The Managing DVM is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians and assures regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The managing DVM is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing DVM is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations. In addition, the Hospital Manager and the Managing DVM are responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Advancing Medical Care
· Maintains and improves quality of medical and surgical procedures
· Oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care
· Establishment of medical ideals
Leading Staff and Practice
· Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for DVMs
· Monitors DVM performance and production
· Prepares DVM work schedules
· Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance guidelines and procedures
· Supports the Hospital Manager in the development and delivery of staff training programs
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, develops a workplace conductive to high employee morale, ensuring positive working relationships between clients, doctors and staff
Financial Responsibilities and Growing the Practice
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital including revenue and managing hospital expenses
· With the hospital leadership team and supported by the Divisional Leadership, prepares an annual planning matrix, operating budget and capital budget
· Takes ownership for the revenue and success of the practice by monitoring key financial reports
· Partners with the Hospital Manager to drive patient visits and community involvement
· Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the hospital
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, continually looks for ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice and the client experience
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in North Carolina
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
· The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
· The ability to coach, correct, develop and motivate employees
· Demonstrates excellent time and task management
· Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with associates, staff and clients
About the Area -- Fayetteville - History, Heroes, and a Hometown Feeling
· With a population of over 200,000 and home to Fort Bragg, the largest Army base in the world, Fayetteville is a mix of urban and rural communities with a large measure of multi-cultural influences. We boast two renowned annual festivals, the Fayetteville Dogwood Festival and the International Folk Festival. We have no less than 12 theatrical venues including the award winning Fayetteville Regional theater; the Crown Complex consisting of a coliseum, theater, expo center, arena and ballroom that hosts a variety of community events and big name entertainment; the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra and Cumberland Oratorio Singers.
· For the sporting life, we have hockey (The Fayetteville Fireantz); professional indoor football (Cape Fear Heroes); roller derby (Rogue Rollergirls); and the brand new Segra's Stadium, home to Minor League Baseball's Fayetteville Woodpeckers. With more than 40 easily accessible golf courses, including the famous 162 hole Pinehurst Resort, golfing is almost a year round sport. We have hiking trails, numerous parks for outdoor fun, an indoor trampoline park, and ZipQuest, a zip line that takes you through and over beautiful landscapes including natural waterfalls.
· Our cuisine ranges from southern barbecue to Asian, African, Greek and Italian culinary offerings. Multiple Food Truck events are hosted in the downtown area yearly. For the craft beer lovers, Fayetteville offers 5 locally owned and operated breweries.
· We are home to Methodist University, Fayetteville Technical Community College and Fayetteville State University with close ties to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke and Campbell University. We are only 60-90 miles from North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University and Wake Forest University.
· We are also home to the Airborne and Special Operations Museum, the Museum of Cape Fear Historical Complex, Fascinate-U Children's Museum, Fayetteville State University Planetarium and the John F Kennedy Special Warfare Museum among others.
· Located in the eastern portion of the state, Fayetteville is centrally located between the Appalachian Mountains and the beautiful Crystal Coast with its many beaches and attractions.
Cape Fear Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
National Veterinary Associates is a leading global pet care organization united in the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA, a community of approximately 1,400 premier locations consisting primarily of general practice veterinary hospitals in addition to equine hospitals and pet resorts, and Ethos Veterinary Health, which consists of 145 world-class specialty and emergency hospitals, are rooted in a culture of compassion and innovation.
NVA and EVH’s innovative, collaborative approach underpins a shared commitment to delivering exceptional veterinary care. For more information, visit www.nva.com.