Full time positions with a guaranteed paid 40 hours a week! Additional shift differential pay for 2nd and 3rd shift. Time and 1/2 pay for overtime over 40 hours.
Angell Animal Hospital and Angell West have a $2,000 sign on bonus for new hire RVT, LVT or CVT!
We have a $5,000 sign on bonus for Veterinary Technicians hired into our ECC, anesthesia and oncology departments at Angell Boston and Angell West.
We opened our doors at Angell in 1915, we will continue to be a leader in innovative veterinary medicine. We are currently hiring for full time vet technician positions.
We may be the 2nd oldest Animal Hospital in the country, but we continue to practice cutting edge medicine in our State of the Art facilities.
• We focus on filling open positions by promoting from within whenever possible. We encourage our technicians to attend national and international conferences by providing our CVTs with a biennial $1,500 stipend as well as 3 paid professional days a year. We provide free on-site seminars to keep up your CE credits and pay for your annual certification renewal.
• We help our technicians and assistants to grow by pursuing new advanced certifications. Angell has a generous tuition reimbursement plan to help you pay for your advanced degree. We currently have 8 technicians with advanced VTS degrees (2 more are pending). In addition, many of our technicians go on to become Lead Technicians and even Department Managers here at Angell, if management is your goal.
• If you’d like to challenge yourself to become an expert in a new service area, we offer specialty services in dentistry, pain medicine, anesthesiology, avian and exotic medicine, animal behavior, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency and critical care medicine, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, nutrition, medical and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, and surgery. You can move both vertically and horizontally at Angell.
• You will not be bored with our full and diverse animal case load. With 55 senior veterinarians, 17 interns, and 13 residents, you can see where we get our reputation as the finest veterinary teaching hospitals in North America. Working at Angell looks great on your resume as our reputation is nationwide.
• At its core, Angell is a community. And this communal focus is reflected in our organization’s culture and values. Interested applicants should be highly motivated and embody the values of our organization: compassion, excellence, service, integrity, positivity, and collaboration.
We have a very strong, competitive salary - which is commensurate with education and experience. Our compensation package includes Blue Cross health insurance, dental and life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, uniforms, an annual shoe allowance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, employee discounts for pet health care and pet food and free on-site parking at both locations! If you are interested in moving to Massachusetts from another state we may provide a relocation reimbursement.
Apply today if you are looking for a fun and collaborative environment where you would be a valued member of our team.
Education: AS/BS degree from an accredited Veterinary Technology program
To be hired as a Technician, you must be a Certified Vet Technician (CVT), a Registered Technician (RVT) or Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT).
Note: If you are a recent graduate of accredited Veterinary Technology program, please apply! We will reimburse your exam fee and pay you a $1,000 bonus if you take and pass your certification test while employed at Angell. You will also be reimbursed your annual dues and licensing fee to maintain your certification.
To see our open positions and apply go to our website at https://www.mspca.org/careers/
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Additional Salary Information: we have a very competitive salary
About MSPCA- Angell
The Angell Animal Medical Center (AAMC) a world renown non-profit organization. Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Angell is owned by the private, nonprofit, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
The AAMC is a full service 24-hour facility that employs over 300 people and cares for approximately 90,000 cases annually. We serve Boston and the greater New England area as a primary care facility, a 24- hour emergency hospital, and as a tertiary referral center. The veterinary staff is composed of 55 senior staff, 17 interns, and 13 residents.
We offer specialty services in dentistry, pain medicine, acupuncture, surgery and anesthesia, avian and exotic medicine, animal behavior, cardiology, dermatology, diagnostic imaging (CT, MRI, Ultrasound), emergency and critical care medicine, general medicine, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, nutrition, medical and radiation oncology, and ophthalmology and pathology.
Angell recently installed a TrueBeam linear accelerator to deliver advanced forms of radiation therapy including stereotactic radiation and IMRT, we have a well-stocked blood bank, multiple specialty rooms, 7 surgical suites, an int...ermediate care ward, a newly renovated I-131 ward, and numerous general care and isolation wards. We are an AAFP-certified Gold Standard Cat Friendly Practice.