Shepherd Spring Animal Hospital is a 5-doctor general practice located in the town of Crawfordville, FL, just 30 minutes south of Tallahassee along the Wakulla River. We opened our hospital in 2008 to serve the needs of pet owners and animals in our community, from dogs and cats to exotics, including birds and reptiles. We even support sea turtles that are found stranded or injured in our area!
We have a full in-house diagnostics laboratory, digital radiography, and ultrasound. We also offer laser therapy and stem cell therapy for our clients! We are proud to offer outstanding surgical services at Shepherd Spring Animal Hospital. From routine spay and neuter surgeries in dogs and cats to orthopedics, we take great pride in our efforts to make our patients’ lives better.
We are seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team of veterinarians. This position would be a great opportunity for a new graduate seeking mentorship or an experienced veterinarian who enjoys teaching/mentoring and is looking to expand their clientele.
- Flexible Compensation Package (Salary only or ProSal)
- Healthcare: Medical, Vision and Dental
- Three (3) Weeks' Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Continuing Education (CE) Days
- Generous Continuing Education (CE) Allowance
- Paid State Licensing Fees
- Paid AVMA and State Professional Dues
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance (PLIT)
- Continued Mentorship Opportunities
- Company-Wide DVM-Only Messaging Platform to Share Cases and Ideas
The town of Crawfordville, Florida offers an abundance of wildlife viewing and nature activities, all just 30 minutes from all that Tallahassee has to offer! Wakulla Springs State Park is less than 20 minutes from the hospital and has one of the world’s largest and deepest freshwater springs. The springs form the headwaters of the Wakulla River, which runs through an old cypress tree swamp with abundant wildlife. Nature trails in the upland portion of the park traverse over 6,000 acres of park lands. You can bike, hike, canoe, or kayak through your adventures in Wakulla County!