The Land of 10,000 Lakes is a beautiful place to live and work with recreational choices everywhere and plenty of water! Our clinic is far enough away from the city to be able to enjoy wide open spaces but close enough to the city to go to the Guthrie Theater or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
We are a very busy small animal practice in the far northern suburbs of Minneapolis seeing primarily dogs and cats and a very occasional pocket pet. We practice general medicine and surgeries including spays and neuters, foreign body removals, cystotomies, splenectomies, and tumor removals. We call a board certified surgeon to come in for complicated surgeries and all orthopedics. We have easy access to a board certified ophthalmologist and dermatologist, a veterinary ultrasonographer, and a veterinarian certified in acupuncture and rehab. We perform dentistry with a high speed dental drill, ultrasonic scaler, and digital dental xray. We have whole body digital xray and a Companion brand therapeutic laser unit. We have IDEXX CBC, chemistry, and urinalysis machines in house and submit samples for other tests and biopsies to IDEXX with many results available overnight. We are paperless, using DVMax software. We subscribe to VIN. We have a very busy full-time groomer.
Our staff is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, thorough, and fun. We enjoy our work because we enjoy each other's company and we work as a team to do a great job for every patient we see.
The biggest question is...why should you work here? The reasons are:
1) You won't be micromanaged yet we collaborate and pick each other's brains whenever we need to. If you are a new grad or don't have a lot of experience yet, we will happily mentor you.
2) You will be encouraged to practice the best medicine you can and always communicate with clients to help them make the best decisions on care for their pets.
3) You will have fun! We come to work ready to work but we laugh a lot too! We organize group outings 2-3 times/year to relax and socialize together. Our staff of 17 all bring different strengths and skill sets to the table, but we all have the same goal: to help our clients take great care of their pets.
4) There is plenty of space--our 10 year old building has about 5000 square feet and 7 exam rooms, a large surgery suite, and a large treatment area.
5) You won't be bored! We see some strange and unusual things that keep our brains stimulated and engaged and remind us constantly of why we chose this field--it's so interesting!
6) We will provide a fair salary based on experience, PTO after six months of employment, health insurance premium subsidy if needed, up to a 3% match of your contribution to a simple IRA after one year of employment, payment of DEA, AVMA & MN licensure, professional liability insurance, and an annual CE subsidy.
Minnesota licensure, ability to manage medical and surgical cases, excellent medical recordkeeping, ability to get along with coworkers, thorough and timely communication with clients, compassion for the four-legged furries who trust and depend on us.
About Oak Grove Animal Hospital
19-year-old small animal practice in northern Anoka County, Minnesota in nine-year-old building. General medicine and surgery. Great clientele, supportive and knowledgeable staff, wonderful veterinary colleagues.