Animal Hospital of Nashua is looking to for a talented, confident associate to join our rapidly growing veterinary team! An associate must be compassionate, dedicated, and team-oriented and share in our values of excellent medicine and client care and communications.
We believe in a collaborative approach to medicine and have been a part of our community for over 32+ years and AAHA member for 25 years. We have on-site Board-Certified specialists. We embrace a hybrid veterinary practice model that merges primary care and 24/7 emergency care and secondary care under one roof. Our veterinarians enjoy FLEXIBLE set schedules that allow for a quality of life and a support staff including a professional management team that supports them in their daily practice.
Located in the greater northern Boston area, our 24/7 veterinary hospital is located right over the Massachusetts border in the city of Nashua, New Hampshire. We are a short 35 mile commute away from the city of Boston and with new direct public transportation routes, a comfortable 4 hour commute to New York City. Our "Gate City" location is further only 1 hour away from the N.H. Lakes and Mountain Regions and Maine Seacoast. No matter your preference, there is always an abundance of activities to do!
We are a fully-equipped, AAHA-Certified, multi-doctor practice with trained, compassionate, and dedicated support staff. Our general practice services include wellness exams, vaccinations, preventative care, diagnostics, dental care and surgery. We have in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, 24/7 ICU, and expansive surgery suites and dental area.
This position will see a mix of urgent care and wellness care. Our Veterinarians work together, sharing knowledge and skill to help each other grow and continue to learn. They have access to our on-site referral services to assist with the needs of their patients.
Our Veterinarian carries our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. We believe in Excellence, Communication, Teamwork, Respect and Community. Our purpose is to deliver a peace of mind to our clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of New Hampshire.
- Internship and/or 3 years in private practice preferred but, we will train the right candidate through extensive coaching and mentoring
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and clients.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop and maintain trusting client relationships with every client who visits the hospital.
- Perform the primary functions of a small animal veterinarian, namely, examine and treat patients, prescribe treatments, perform surgery.
- Respond appropriately to the caseload of the hospital as directed by the staff.
- Provide follow-up communication and care, as appropriate, for all cases treated.
- Provide follow-up communication and care for any patient, as requested.
- Assist in retaining existing clients, developing new clients and enhancing the hospital reputation in the community through community outreach.
- Participate in providing continuing education for our staff.
- Attend and participate in all team and individual meetings as requested.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (603)-821-7245 or mail to Animal Hospital of Nashua, 168 Main Dunstable Road, Nashua, NH 03060. You may also apply at www.animalhospitalofnashua.com.