City Creatures Animal Hospital is located at 2113 Delaware Ave in Buffalo, NY. City Creatures Animal Hospital is a well established, busy practice which has sustained incredible growth since opening in November of 2007 and is currently in the process of expanding to the building next door, anticipated Spring of 2017. We provide primary care, orthopedic and soft tissue surgery, limited emergency service, avian and exotic pet care, and zoo animal pet care to a city of a population of approximately 260,000.
Check us out on the web at www.citycreaturesbuffalo.com and on facebook!!
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
Modern building, approximately 2,000 square feet, newly remodeled from 2013-2014 in the process of expanding another almost 1800 square feet adding on 2 exam rooms to the existing 5, with a full surgery suite, a large, expanded treatment room, a large waiting room and reception desk area, and storage. Our new space will include larger kennels, a larger isolation ward, separate doctor and manager offices, 2 rest rooms, a large conference room, a larger pharmacy and laboratory and increased storage. Parking is available in the rear of the building.
- Digital radiography, Versa DR by Innovet, purchased in 2013. New Scil digital dental radiography unit purchased in February 2016.
- Mindray ultrasound machine.
- Cardell and Bionet ECG machines. Pet MAP.
- Full electronic medical records using Avimark with brand new personal computers, server and cabling installed in May of 2016.
- Isoflurane and Sevoflurane anesthesia, Ellman electrocautery, pulse oximetry.
- Complementary medicine offered with Erchonia PL-5000 cold laser and acupuncture.
- Complete in hospital pharmacy in addition to Vet’s First Choice online pharmacy, offering a large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many newly developed and holistic ones.
- Full in-house laboratory capabilities with Abaxis equipment (Two VS2 blood chemistry units, HM5 complete blood count unit, iSTAT for electrolytes and blood gases and VsPro for coagulation panels), urinalysis, cytology, fecal tests, Gram staining, various ELISA tests, and Vaccicheck for Distemper, Parvovirus and Adenovirus titer testing.
- Fixin orthopedic plating system available for fracture repair.
Our entire staff attends numerous continuing education conferences throughout the year. Staff meetings and dedicated doctor meetings occur once monthly. Each department (technicians, receptionists and assistants) meets separately once every third month.
ABOUT BUFFALO, NEW YORK:
Buffalo is a fun place to live and filled with a great sense of community. Our 4 seasons offer a beautiful landscape to view and enjoy and come with many pleasant activities to engage in including spending time at our many public parks, lakes and beaches, Canalside at the waterfront offering fun activities for the family year round including sailing day trips, great restaurants, music, exercise classes, ice skating, ice fishing and boating to name a few. There are plenty of winter activities to enjoy as well such as skiing/snowshoeing at nearby Holiday Valley, Kissing Bridge and Chestnut Ridge Park. Delaware Park is about 1 mile away from our office and is a great place to rest and relax, bike/rollerblade, play a game of tennis or basketball or take your dog for a walk. There are many community events and sports games that take place at the park as well, in addition to the beautiful golf course there as well. Additionally, The Buffalo Zoo shares their grounds with Delaware Park and offers many educational activities for children and adults alike. There is plenty of entertainment available with our sports teams (Sabres and Bills), numerous movie theaters, concerts, comedy clubs, casinos and delicious restaurants to eat at. Shopping is convenient with 3 major malls nearby and plenty of quaint shops on the streets of Buffalo, Williamsville and East Aurora.
Nearby, enjoy amazing lectures at the Chautauqua Institution and camping. Berry picking, boating, local restaurants and amazing wine tasting from there to the Finger Lakes. Niagara Falls is a spectacular site to see and offers hundreds of activities to partake in throughout the year.
Consider a short trip to New York City for a weekend of fun with shopping, Broadway shows, museums, concerts, and thousands of restaurants to enjoy!
Buffalo has amazing opportunities for children with incredible day care facilities, primary and secondary schools, summer camps, and swimming/karate/dancing/art/music lessons.
The cost of living in Buffalo, NY is 5% lower than the national average and it is a fantastic place to live if you are single or are raising a family.