Are you looking for a new and exciting work environment that appreciates the knowledge and experience you have to offer? Do you have a passion for emergency and critical care medicine, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions, a career with Animal Emergency and Critical Care Center of Brevard may be right for you! We are now hiring full and part time Certified Veterinary Technicians and non-certified Veterinary Technicians for our growing practice in Melbourne, FL.
A Veterinary Technician with AECC is a member of our team who supports and assists our Emergency Doctors each shift to ensure the best possible care for our patients and clients. This means that you’ll be responsible for:
- Compassionately, calmly and gently handling patients in our care
- Speaking to clients in a friendly, helpful manner to answer questions, acquire histories, etc.
- Assisting in emergency procedures, surgeries and advanced imaging procedures
- Anesthetic induction, monitoring and maintenance for surgeries and imaging
- Utilizing practice management software to maintain client and patient records
- Providing safe restraint for patients during examinations and procedures
- Interpreting and following through on treatment sheet orders
- Venipuncture, IV catheter placement, etc.
- Performing and recognizing normal physical examination parameters on canine and feline patients
- Noticing and documenting changes in patient attitude, abnormal behavior and changes in condition
- Calculating medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
- Carrying out or setting up procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance
- Assisting with other areas of service during downtime or as directed by supervisor
We are a well-established 24 hour Emergency/Critical Care and Referral Center located in an 8,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility with a full range of specialty services and equipment. Our practice offers an advanced veterinary imaging center that includes digital radiography, endoscopy, arthroscopy, ultrasound, MRI and CT scan. Our facility also includes a three suite surgical wing, in-house laboratory and ICU.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least two years of Emergency/Critical Care veterinary experience
- CVTs are preferred, but we will consider non-certified applicants with a strong ER/Critical Care background
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to work different shifts and days, including overnights, weekends and holidays
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
AECC offers competitive wages, and a benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- Discounted services for your pets
- Flexible scheduling for full and part time employees
- We’re also just MINUTES from the beach!
To learn more about AECC, visit our website at: www.centralfloridaanimaler.com. To pursue this career opportunity, email your resume and cover letter to: Tara.Kerby@CentralFloridaAnimalER.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. Please do not call or stop by regarding this opportunity.