For 118 years, The Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) has responded to the needs of animals and the people who care about them. This is an opportunity to work in general medicine and surgery, seeing private clients while also working as a part of this non-profit organization. This is not a shelter veterinarian position.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced veterinarian who wants to make a difference in the lives of our clients and their animal companions. Our ideal candidate is a veterinarian with proven medical and surgical skills; an interest in dentistry is necessary. We have a brand new digital dental x-ray system, digital radiographs, and practice very high quality medicine.
Enjoy a 4-day workweek with no on-call hours; CE allowance and all licenses paid. This position is proof that it IS possible to have an excellent work-life balance practicing high quality medicine while working towards loan forgiveness!
The Animal Rescue League offers an excellent benefit package including but not limited to: FMLA, short-term & long-term disability, dental and health insurance, 11 paid holidays, a matching 403 (b) retirement plan, and FREE parking!
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced veterinarian who wants to make a difference in the lives of our clients and their animal companions. Our ideal candidate is a veterinarian with proven medical and surgical skills; experience with dental procedures is a must. Must have a commitment to teamwork; a positive and engaged approach to problem-solving; highly skilled at compassionate communication with our clients and staff; and the desire to learn and grow their professional skills. Experienced veterinarians are preferred, but new graduates are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to handle a wide variety of animals effectively and in a humane manner. Effectively communicates the policies and beliefs of the Animal Rescue League. Deals with a variety of animal species in a multitude of the environmental circumstances;
- The work week will consist of 4 days per week, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday for a total of 40 hours. Must be able to utilize time management effectively;
- Effectively communicate with clients about case management, diagnosis, prognosis, advice and follow-up;
- Keep thorough, comprehensive and detailed medical records in compliance with all laws/regulations and collaborate with administrative staff to ensure proper collection of data;
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service;
- Positively represent ARL in the professional community and to the general public;
- Keeps aware of new products and pharmaceuticals. Maintains strict control of all drugs. Completes electronic records efficiently;
- Keeps current in the veterinary field (reads journals and attends seminars);
- Must maintain a good attendance record.