Macedon Veterinary Care located near Rochester, NY is looking for an Associate DVM!
Macedon Veterinary Care is located in Wayne County, only 30 minutes east of Rochester and sits on the south shore of Lake Ontario. Macedon Veterinary Care provides primary and urgent care services to the pets of Wayne County as well as the surrounding counties. Due to our growing practice we are happy to announce we will be relocating to a BRAND NEW FACILITY Summer of 2017! Our staff provides an advanced and progressive approach to medicine that is exclusive to the area!
More information at http://www.macedonvetcare.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- 3,000 sq. ft. building with three exam rooms, a treatment area, a hospital ward, and a surgery suite.
- In-house laboratory capability includes limited chemistries and CBC’s with the Idexx VetTest and Lasercyte; urinalysis and sediments; fecal flotation by centrifugation, 4DX and FELV/FIV snap tests; close relationship and fast results with Idexx reference laboratory and Cornell University Animal Health Diagnostic Center.
- In-house ECG capability.
- Surgical laser
- Therapeutic laser
- Dental cart includes ultrasonic scaler and high-speed handpiece.
- Digital dental X-ray
- Radiography with automatic processor.
- Isoflurane and sevoflurane anesthesia.
- Ultrasound capability in-house. Also close relationships with referral radiologists.
- Complete and well-stocked pharmacy with established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
- Newest version of AVImark computerization for the management of a client database of over 8,900 and over 15,000 animals.
Outdoor activities in Wayne County include walking or biking along the Erie Canal trail system, hiking at Chimney Bluffs State Park along Lake Ontario, and enjoying Sodus Point Beach Park when the weather is warmer. Macedon is conveniently located north of Canandaigua in Ontario County where you may enjoy a relaxing day at Canandaigua Lake or sightseeing in the city of Canandaigua, visiting the various shops and restaurants. Macedon is only 30 minutes east of Rochester where there is always some type of festival happening. The average household income in Wayne County is about $50,000 with the surrounding counties about $56,000.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.