Kokomo Animal Hospital in Kokomo, IN seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our compassionate and caring team!
Kokomo Animal Hospital operates as a full service small animal practice. We offer a full range of diagnostics, surgical procedures, and wellness services, as well as retail, grooming, and boarding. Kokomo Animal Hospital was established in 1941 and has been an advocate for animals in our community for over 75 years. We presently operate with a team of four full-time Veterinarians, two part-time Veterinarians, two RVTs, and 3 Veterinary assistants (B.S. degrees). Our goal is to provide professional, friendly, and personalized service for our clients, and high quality, compassionate veterinary care for our patients.
Our philosophy is to utilize our individual strengths and interests to foster a strong team environment for work while providing adequate time off to balance a personal life and family along with community, church, and/ or other individual interests. This philosophy has allowed us to establish an unprecedented level of retention of both our Veterinary and professional staff, and has enabled us to better meet our professional and personal goals because of the longevity of our professional relationships and consistency of our staff. All experience levels welcome to apply!
For more information, please visit our website at: www.kokomoanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- In-house IDEXX lab-Catalyst Dx, LaserCyte, Snapshot Dx
- Daily IDEXX referral lab pick up
- Digital (direct) radiography and Progeny digital dental radiography
- Ultrasound (non-Doppler)
- Full Surgery suite with 2 general anesthesia /monitoring stations
- Dental suite with general anesthesia, complete monitoring and Midmark dental equipment
- Four general exam rooms and separate treatment room
- Full service in-house pharmacy plus online pharmacy
Kokomo is the county seat of Howard County, in north central Indiana, just 50 miles north of Indianapolis, the Crossroads of America. Population is around 57,000, with a total county population of 82,800.
Affordable cost of living: The cost of living in Kokomo is 5.3% less than the Indiana average, 16.9% less than the national average.
Education: 17 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 7 private schools, 4 high schools
Post-secondary educational institutions: Indiana University Kokomo, Purdue University Kokomo, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, Indiana Wesleyan University
Two area hospitals that provide availability of top-quality professional health care.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.