Woodlake Veterinary Hospital in Richfield, MN seeks an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our caring and compassionate team!
Woodlake Veterinary Hospital is located in a first ring suburb of south Minneapolis, MN bordering on the west side of Mpls-St Paul International Airport. We are a full service rapidly expanding practice in an up and coming neighborhood, over 50-yr AAHA accredited hospital and take pride in providing progressive medical care for our clients’ pets. We have a very stable client base and a loyal staff. Part-time and/or Full-time options available.
More information at www.woodlakeveterinaryhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Well organized office, treating dogs, cats and occasional small mammals. Off street parking in front and rear of building.
- Three well equipped exam rooms, computers with Avimark, large treatment area and open lab, surgery suite with halogen lights and large modern kennel.
- In-house lab for full chemistry and electrolytes (Idexx), Snap tests, CBC, urinalysis, cytology and cultures.
- Good outside lab support with up to twice daily pickup.
- Digital x-rays.
- Digital dental x-ray with Progeny software.
- Midmark VetPro 1000 dental system.
- Isoflurane anesthesia and most injectables.
- Ellman Surgitron Radiosurgical unit.
- Scil VetView monitor with digital BP and Nonin pulse oximetry.
- Complete pharmacy with inventory of commonly used pharmaceuticals.
- On call local ultrasound, endoscopy and surgical specialists are regularly utilized.
Richfield is a great central location in Minneapolis-St Paul, northwest of Mall of America, well connected by surrounding freeways and minutes from downtown Mpls, world class museums, theater and professional sport venues. You will find affordable housing, good schools and connections to the newly completed Three Rivers Crosstown bike route.
Minnesota is well known for many outdoor activities during winter or summer including camping, boating, lake resorts, fishing, hunting, snow sports and ice fishing.
University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine is nearby and many opportunities for local CE abound. MVMA is a very active state association with lots of volunteer opportunities.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.