Palm City Animal Medical Center externship includes a fully furnished apartment with small appliances, linens and cleaning supplies.
- 40-50 hours.
- Option to work on emergency cases, evaluate and treat hospitalized patients as well as assist in the admission and evaluation of out-patients. under the supervision of a veterinarian.
- Under the supervision of a doctor, administer oral, intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications, draw blood for routine blood work, catheter flushes, monitor intensive care cases, administer fluids and prepare patients for clinical procedures.
- Have the opportunity to scrub into surgeries, assist in preparation of the surgical patient, induction, and intra-operative assistance.
- Hospital rounds, patient admission, patient care and case management.
- Daily care of assigned cases under the direction of a doctor.
- Physical exams on assigned cases trying to make your own diagnostic and treatment plan to discuss with a doctor.
- Dental procedures.
- Physical therapy.
Palm City Animal Medical Center is a five-doctor small animal practice that offers extensive medical and surgical cases including some exotics. We have a state-of-the-art 14,000 sq. ft. medical center that includes, but is not limited to: ten fully equipped exam rooms, extensive surgical unit, digital radiographs, comprehensive lab and pharmacy, Spiral CT scan, recovery, Ultrasound, Endoscope, and critical care area, special procedure room, and a physical therapy unit.
At Palm City Animal Medical Center, our goal is to provide the best possible care for pets. We do this by offering comprehensive medical and surgical services, up-to-date procedures and equipment, and by providing continuing education to our team of technicians and client care specialists. Please visit www.palmcityanimalmedicalcenter.com for more information about our state-of-the-art facility.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Point of contact: Dr. Rex Sentell. When contacting the clinic, please provide a curriculum vitae and three references.