Alpine Veterinary Hospital located in Cabin John, MD is looking for an experienced Associate DVM to join our practice!
Alpine Veterinary Hospital is looking for an experienced veterinarian to join our successful 3 doctor practice. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service to our clients and patients. Our work culture is important to us and we are looking for someone who shares our goals of cultivating a positive and progressive workplace, while striving for excellent standards of care and high quality medicine. Open to full-time or part-time, 25-30 hours a week with full benefits.
Alpine is located in the prosperous neighborhood of Cabin John, MD. Due to our convenient location we provide care to fabulous clients from DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland.
For more information, please visit our website at alpinevetshospital.com.
About the Hospital
- Surgical Laser
- Digital Radiographs- CR and Dental
- New Midmark Dental unit
- Fabulous technicians and great culture
- Capnograph and other surgical monitors
- 3 exam rooms
- Private parking
About Cabin John, MD
Alpine is located in picturesque Cabin John, Maryland, just a short walk from historic C & O Canal Towpath. Our beautiful tree lined community is located just off Capital Beltway and minutes from DC and Northern Virginia. Cabin John and Glen Echo community offer a variety of restaurants and a food-coop in walking distance to our hospital.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
- 4+ years of experience in small animal practice
- Experienced in surgery and dentals
- Excellent client communication and ability to build rapport
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.