Are you a veterinarian who has always been interested in moving to Alaska? Do you enjoy spending your free time doing incredible outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, boating, fishing or hunting? Anchorage has been named one of the 10 Best U.S. cities by Outside Magazine, and has a lot to offer for all types of outdoor enthusiasts! The city also boasts excellent local restaurants and breweries, as well as regular art exhibits and concert series.
If this sounds like a community you’d love to be part of, consider joining the Pet Emergency Treatment, Inc. team. We are an emergency and referral practice who provide complete, thorough and compassionate 24-hour emergency care to pets and their owners. We are seeking a full time veterinarian to join our growing team of skilled veterinarians and support staff within an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited facility.
This position provides a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary with production, health insurance, 401(k), CE, Paid Vacation, Personal Pet Discounts, a generous relocation bonus as well as a sign on bonus!
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to providing the highest quality medicine possible within our well-equipped, progressive ER facility
- Promotes positive professional relationships through clear communication and follow through with other team members, clients, and referring veterinarians
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, busy environment with multiple cases running concurrently
- Has strong diagnostic and surgical skills (trauma/soft-tissue)
- Is able to participate in a rotating schedule that includes overnights, weekends and holiday emergency shifts
- Is experienced or has interest in learning about the treatment of exotic species
- May have ultrasound and/or endoscopy experience in an emergency setting
What can you expect at PET?
- A talented team of support staff that includes Licensed Veterinary Technicians, assistants and receptionists as well as a full-time Hospital Administrator and Office Manager
- On-Site Fluoroscopy, CT and MRI diagnostics
- Full In-House Laboratory capabilities
- Digital Radiography
- Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy and Rhinoscopy
- In-House Pharmacy, OTC Products and Prescription Diets
- In-House ECG, Echocardiogram and Ultrasound
- A spacious facility with ample space, including:
- 4 exam rooms and a large comfort room
- Large treatment area with separate can and bird rooms
- Large surgery suite with SurgiVet Monitoring and Ventilator capabilities
- Isolation ward