VCA Rancho Mirage Animal Hospital, a well-established community-oriented practice in Palm Springs Valley is currently looking for a full time Associate to join our family.
At VCA Rancho Mirage, we pride ourselves on our focus on service. This obviously does not supersede our overreaching desire to practice the highest level of veterinary medicine, but we strongly believe in the client's experience. We therefore would expect any one applying for this position to have a happy, personable, friendly and empathetic personality. A desire to practice at the highest levels of the profession would also be expected out of any potential candidate. We stand firm by our wish to exceed all our clients' expectations and to provide superior veterinary care to all.
The current position is open to all but priority will be given to either experienced or internship trained veterinarians. Although new grads are welcome to apply, there is only minimal mentoring available and thus we would expect you to be a self-starter and very motivated to learn on your own. (We will obviously be there to support you but this is not the place for "hand holding". The hospital's hours are limited and thus the schedule is quite friendly. It would involve a five day a week work week and some Saturday work.
The area itself is a very desirable location with a loyal and affluent clientele and the kind of amenities that come with being a resort community. Although summer days in the desert can be quiet and hot, the winters are pleasantly mild with an influx of population that supports a variety of activities. Having said that, it is the desert so please consider all that entails.
If interested, please read more about the hospital and the area from the links below and then apply further down the page.
To learn more about Rancho Mirage, click here.
To be directed to the hospital website and to learn more about us, click here.
The Associate Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics. Job Responsibilities
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a prognosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, fulfill VCA requirements for attending local VCA Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.