ABQ PetCare in Albuquerque, New Mexico is seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
ABQ PetCare is a progressive small animal and exotic animal medicine practice featuring 3 veterinarians that have all graduated within the past four years, including AVMA-accredited internship training programs. ABQ PetCare’s motto is “Family care for family pets.” We value the relationships we build with our clients and their pets. We believe in providing well-rounded veterinary care, including wellness/preventative medicine, internal medicine, critical care, consultations, senior care, hospice/end-of-life care, house calls and advanced surgeries.
We are a fast-paced practice that practices evidence-based medicine. ABQ PetCare provides walk-in/emergency appointments during our working hours and refers to emergency clinics after hours. We have a staff that is committed to teamwork and have undergone formal veterinary assistant education and/or are registered veterinary technicians. The veterinarians work as a team to advocate and provide the best medicine for our patients. ABQ PetCare believes that we are not limited to the walls of our hospital; we provide community service and education through vaccine clinics, wellness clinics through the ‘Pets of the Homeless’ organization and media outlets such as local news shows and magazines! ABQ PetCare is a unique general practice that allows our veterinarians and support staff to develop their talents in order to provide the highest standard of care to our patients. In addition, we also respect the quality of life for our staff and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Find more information at www.abqpetcarehospital.com!
About the Hospital
- Open 7 days a week and evenings
- Digital radiology & Radiologist consultation
- Radiofrequency surgical laser
- Advanced anesthetic monitoring equipment: Sevoflurane anesthesia, Cardell unit, Capnography, PulseOx, Oscillometirc blood pressure and Doppler, Esophageal stethoscope
- Ultrasound dental equipment
- Class IV therapeutic lasers
- In-house Abaxis blood machines, Istat+, SNAP tests, microscope & equipment
- Outside laboratory services
- Standard of care sterilization procedures and equipment
- Soft tissue and orthopedic surgery equipment
- ICU unit with nebulization and oxygen supplementation
- Complete pharmacy; large inventory of pharmaceuticals and advanced therapies
- On-line pharmacy
- Small Animal Medicine
- Exotic Animal Medicine (including, small mammals, birds, reptiles, and many more!)
- Senior Care
- House Call Services
- Multi-modal pain management
- Promotes and accepts pet insurance
- Assists local animal rescue groups & events
Located in the middle of the Land of Enchantment, ABQ PetCare is in the heart of historic Albuquerque, New Mexico. ABQ PetCare is located in Albuquerque’s Northeast Heights and is within minutes of two veterinary referral practices, major brand shopping centers, restaurants, sporting events, etc. We provide quality veterinary care for a caring, affluent community. Albuquerque is home to the International Balloon Fiesta, multiple state parks, hiking, skiing and day travel. Experience the dunes of White Sands National Monument, take a ride down old Route 66, encounter some aliens in Roswell, visit the ruins of Chaco Canyon, camping at Elephant Butte Lake, or stay the weekend in Santa Fe. Albuquerque, NM is a diverse city with a diverse demographic as well as steady economical growth and development, reasonable cost of living, over 310 days of sunshine/year, rich in culture and community and is one of America’s hidden treasures.