Southside Pet Hospital, located in Olathe, KS, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Southside Pet Hospital is a four-doctor practice located in the suburbs of Kansas City. Doctors and staff seek to offer top medical care with excellent customer service. Our loyal clients are like part of the family, many frequenting our full-service veterinary hospital since its inception in 1974. Now located in a brand new state of the art facility, Southside is seeking a skilled and driven Associate DVM. The ideal candidate will enthusiastically enjoy collaborating with colleagues, developing his or her skill set, and providing excellent care to patients and clients.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.southsideolathepet.com .
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Dedicated double surgery suite
- New DR digital radiography system
- In-house Idexx laboratory and pharmacy
- Highly trained and driven technicians and assistants
- Wellness-focused, offering wellness plans
- Well-developed relationship with local referral hospital
- Paper Lite practice
About Olathe, KS
Olathe is a family-friendly suburb of Kansas City, home of the Royals! With a population of approximately 125,000, Olathe offers a small town atmosphere with big city amenities. Your family will feel right at home with the award-winning school districts and thriving business community. With easy highway access, visiting the Kansas Speedway, Country Club Plaza, and Center for the Performing Arts, or Union Station is no problem. You’ll be right at home in Olathe.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- At least two years of experience as an Associate DVM.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.