Are looking to use your technician skills at the top level in a rewarding and professionally fulfilling environment? Excited about working in the specialty field of Neurology while working and living in paradise? Then look no more, we are looking for a highly qualified and experienced veterinary technicians at Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology for two of our locations, Sarasota and Naples.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with our clients and their pets
- Provide patients with a high level of patient care
- Provide client education and marketing
- Excel at the following technical skills:
- Venipuncture: cephalic v., saphenous v., jugular v.
- Well-versed in inducing, maintaining and recovering anesthetized patients
- Able to correctly calculate drug dosages.
- Placement of IV catheters.
- Administration of IV, IM, SQ and oral medications.
- Obtaining and interpreting blood pressure, pulse oximetry and capnography readings.
- Setting up for and prepping for surgery as well as appropriate understanding of asepsis.
- Proficient in packing and sterilizing instruments.
- Performing bloodwork with typical automated CBC and blood chemistry machine.
- Placing male and female indwelling urinary catheters.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a commitment to excellent client service
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- To possess strong organizational skills
- Thrive under a fast-paced, challenging, yet rewarding working environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, while demonstrating a high level of initiative
- Certified Veterinary Technician desired
- Specialty certification is desirable and encouraged with financial support for the qualified individual working towards the achievement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience in neurology/neurosurgery is preferred but will train a dynamic, motivated individual.
- After hours On Call Duty required
- Weekends, holidays and evenings will be required
As an employer of choice, we will provide you with:
- $1000 signing bonus after successful completion of the introductory period.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Continuing Education
- Paid Time Off
- Uniform Allowance
Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology (SCAN) are the only veterinary hospitals on the Gulf Coast that exclusively treats medical and surgical disorders of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. Our hospitals utilize state-of-the-art diagnostics including high-field MRI, electrodiagnostics and spinal fluid analysis to accurately diagnose neurological disease. We are proud to be the only facilities on the Gulf Coast of Florida that have on-site high-field MRI optimized specifically for veterinary patients.
Compassion and good quality of life are the underlying themes that drive all of our diagnostic and therapeutic recommendation as we work in close partnership with primary care veterinarians.
You can find us on the web at www.scanfl.com. If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A background check/drug screen will be required of the successful candidate. We are a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.