We are looking for a hard-working, motivated, RVT who loves working with people and animals to join our small team of friendly and easy going staff.
Core Values: Leadership, Teaching, Compassion, Honesty, Excellence, Joy, Direct Communication, Empathy, Humility, Team Work, Balance, Pride, Ethics
Best Friends Animal Hospital is a small animal only practice in the San Fernando Valley. We pride ourselves in offering the best care for our patients and clients. We are an AAHA accredited hospital, and have top of the line equipment, paperless records, digital radiography, digital dental radiography, tonometry, in-house lab, and soon to come ultrasound. We perform orthopedic as well as soft tissue surgeries.
The ideal technician candidate would be an experienced RVT who is motivated, hard-working, and willing to learn. VIA and leadership experience a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The ability to restrain animals and place catheters
- Performing venipuncture, imaging, and lab work
- Knowledge and experience in dentistry, emergency/triage, digital radiography, and anesthesia
- Assisting with surgical procedures
- Great communication skills with both clients and staff members
- Making and presenting estimates to owners
- Accurately invoicing all patient treatments
- Knowledge of prescription medication
- General cleaning
- General care, feeding, and walking
- Computer literacy
- Must be able to triage incoming patients
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Candidates should have open availability. Schedule will include Saturdays and some Sunday hours. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation/sick/holidays; and a generous pet care discount.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications. We also offer 1-3 weeks PTO after the first year, as well as CE opportunities.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HOSPITAL TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR RESUME.
You can visit us at: www.bestfriendsanimalhospital.com