Compensation: $13-22 with a competitive benefit package including healthcare, 401K, transit benefits, and pet care benefits.
Employment Type: Full Time
West Loop Veterinary Care is offering a full time, certified or non-certified, technician position. We are looking for an individual who will exhibit the passion for our mission of providing exceptional medical care to our patients and excellent service to our clients. In this position you will find positive experiences, have the opportunity to communicate openly with coworkers and clients, and showcase your ability to go above and beyond for our families and their pets. Your daily responsibilities will include patient handling and care, client communication and service, surgery monitoring and procedures, laboratory procedures, and hospital cleanliness. We ensure each member of our support team is equipped with the tools and training that they need to operate effectively in every area of the hospital.
West Loop Veterinary Care is an organized, state of the art, American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited and Cat Friendly Certified practice conveniently located near public transportation in Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood. Our positive environment is made up of a compassionate and enthusiastic team consisting of 5 doctors and 25+ support staff including Hospital Attendants, Assistants, and Technicians. Our seasoned veterinary team works together to be the solution for our clients and each other. Our technicians are relied upon by our team for their skill set. We are committed to building strong relationships for life with our neighbors and know that we are stronger when we work together towards our values and mission.
You will enjoy your working environment while we provide you with the resources necessary to achieve your career goals.
- Experience working as a technician in a veterinary setting. (Certification preferred but not required; we have the resources to get you to the next level.)
- Proficient in surgical preparation and monitoring utilizing SurgiVet monitors, IV catheter placement, blood draws, digital radiology and emergency procedures
- Interest in dental and oral healthcare
- Able to prepare, read, and interpret laboratory results including urinalysis, blood smears, intestinal parasite screenings, and cytologies
- Accomplished communicator with interpersonal and client-service skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends based upon the needs of our clients.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fluctuating environment
- Competent computer skills
- Compassion and positive can-do attitude.
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician
- One or more years of experience working as a technician in a small-animal veterinary hospital or clinic
- Experience in dental and oral healthcare
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Ellyn@westloopvet.com
**West Loop Veterinary Care is a drug free and equal opportunity employer.**