Animal Care Clinic North, located in Elkhart, IN is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice (Generous sign-on/retention bonus, and we will award relocation expenses to qualified candidates out of the area)!
Animal Care Clinic North is a well-established, five-veterinarian, 5,400 sq. ft. animal hospital located in Elkhart, Indiana. We are a full service animal clinic devoted to the prevention and treatment of diseases in small animals and pocket pets. Our goal is to provide quality veterinary care throughout the pet’s life and to strengthen the human-animal bond for our clients.
We understand and appreciate the special role that pets play in the lives of our clients. Our staff is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner. We have been a member of the American Animal Hospital Association since we opened on September 4, 1973 and work hard to maintain their standards of quality care and medicine. All experience levels welcome to apply!
For more information about our facility and our caring, enthusiastic staff, please visit our website at www.animalcareclinicnorth.com .
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
To help better facilitate the treatment and care for our patients, our hospital equipment includes a digital x-ray machine with radiographic consultation available with Pet Rays, Idexx, and nearby veterinary specialty centers; an Aloka Alpha 6 Ultrasound; in-house Idexx Catalyst/Procyte/Snapshot DX lab capabilities with technical and consultation support; a dental area with digital dental x-ray machine, Dental-Aire high speed dental drill and ultrasonic scaler; tonopen; computer/internet capabilities in each exam room and several locations throughout the hospital; and spacious surgical suite with digital x-ray viewer.
We are located near several well-known colleges and universities, including the prestigious Notre Dame University, allowing for both educational advancement and opportunities for the sports enthusiast. We have numerous state and federal parks within a short drive for the outdoor minded (and for those who enjoy soaking up the sun along the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan!). There are a variety of shopping facilities in our area, from the array of nationally known outlets to fun locally owned establishments. Also, the excitement of Chicago is only a short drive or train ride from Elkhart!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.