The Montrose Veterinary Clinic in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado is looking for a full time associate veterinarian to join their mixed animal practice. We offer primary care for dogs, cats, livestock, horses, including surgical procedures and can accommodate some referrals. We have a strong, compassionate staff, with excellent mentorship available. We emphasize patient care and strong client relationships. This clinic has been in business for over 45 years offering a “good ‘ol boy” feel with progressive medicine.
About the Hospital:
- Spacious building with 3 small animal exam rooms, treatment area, and surgical suite
- Small animal hospitalization facility with isolation
- Large animal surgical suite with cattle chute, horse stocks, and large animal hospitalization facility
- In house blood chemistries, urinalysis, various snap tests, close association with full service clinical pathology lab.
- Oncura small animal Ultrasound, Equine and bovine ultrasounds
- Class IV Cutting Edge Laser with trained staff; Veterinary Acupuncture available
- All digital radiography; small animal, equine, and dental
- Isoflurane anesthesia, most orthopedic surgeries and soft tissue surgeries offered in house
- Large boarding kennel for dogs and cats
- Fully stocked pharmacy for large and small animals
- Avimark computer system with multiple terminals
About the Western Colorado Region
Montrose is a historic Colorado town on the beautiful Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains, perched in the perfect spot to serve as your base camp for year-round outdoor adventure. The city made Outdoor Life magazine's list of "Top 200 Towns for Outdoorsmen" in 2010 because it is surrounded by vast stretches of public lands where visitors can enjoy a seemingly endless variety of outdoor activities throughout the year.
From spring through fall, lodging in Montrose puts you within minutes of some of Colorado’s prime scenic and recreational attractions. Black Canyon National Park, the crown jewel of all Montrose attractions, combines spectacular views with a satisfying menu of activities ranging from hiking to adrenaline-pumping rock climbing. The Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area features one-of-a-kind rafting and fishing adventures in Gold Medal waters. Camping and hiking among the forests, streams and majestic peaks of the San Juan Mountains provide fertile soil for making lifelong memories with your family.
Off-road enthusiasts of all persuasions will find diversions to their liking in terrain ranging from the wide open spaces of the adobe badlands managed by the Bureau of Land Management to alpine trails above 12,000 feet – not to mention rock-crawling routes that are among the most challenging in the nation.
If you prefer to stay closer to “the beaten path”, choose from among one of six designated scenic or historic byways to drive over 12,000-foot-high passes, giving your camera a workout on some awe-inspiring Colorado scenery.
Back at base camp, you will find hidden treasures and one-of-a-kind treats in the shops, art galleries and restaurants along Main Street and around Montrose. Spend the day playing a round of golf at one of Montrose’s three beautiful 18-hole golf courses, or learn about Western Colorado and Ute Indian history at our three local museums.
In the winter, Montrose is a familiar waypoint for skiers making their way to the winter wonderlands of Telluride, located just 1.5 hours away from Montrose Regional Airport, and Crested Butte 92 miles to the east. But Montrose has winter attractions of its own with snowshoeing at the Black Canyon National Park, prime snowmobiling and Nordic terrain on the Uncompahgre Plateau and nearby Grand Mesa (largest flattop mountain in the world), and memorable day trips to cozy mountain towns like Ouray – all of which can be enjoyed from the warmer and drier climate that Montrose enjoys. (www.visitmontrose.com)
Associate Veterinarian—Under the guidance of managing veterinarian and practice owner--carries out our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Greater than 2 years experience as veterinarian preferably with livestock and small animal surgery
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings and complete required number of hours annually to keep license in good standing.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Competitive production based salary with added emergency fees
Paid CE courses with stipend
For questions or to submit a resume please contact:
Dr. Meghan Tumlinson
2260 S. Townsend Ave
Montrose, CO 81401