MEDICAL DIRECTOR & ASSOCIATE VETERIANARIAN
About the Hospital
East York Veterinary Center was founded in 1990 by Dr. Valerie Miller (a member of the York County SPCA board for nearly 30 years), with the intent of providing the gold standard in veterinary medicine. Most pet species as well as some wildlife are seen.
Since its inception, the state of the art facility has undergone several expansions and is now 7,000 square feet housing current cutting edge technology, including:
- Dedicated dental suite with digital radiology
- Companion Laser
- In-house full Idexx lab
- Vital signs monitors
- IV and Syringe pumps and IV heater
- 2 table surgery suite
- Med-gas system throughout
- Heated recovery cages
- 4 exam rooms and *comfort room
- Activity room for meetings and classes
- Upscale lodging in canine suites and feline condos
- Full closed circuit coverage
- Outdoor Memorial Garden
- And more!
>> Take the virtual video tour of EYVC <<
The ever-expanding East York Veterinary Center is currently looking for passionate doctors who genuinely understand the importance of providing high quality medicine and care while simultaneously treating our clients and their small animal/exotic pets as part of our family.
Our staff are encouraged to participate with frequent meetings and an open-door to the practice owner.
A Medical Director position is open for experienced candidates, as well as an Associate Veterinarian position.
Successful applicants should demonstrate:
- First-rate pet healthcare
- Exemplary communication – all clients and staff should be empowered to make informed decisions
- Quality staff training
About the Community
EYVC is located in southeastern Pennsylvania and is convenient to Lancaster, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. The cost of living in York is reasonable and the local economy is very strong with a bustling retail environment. Multiple choices in lifestyle exist nearby, from apartments to farmettes.
The Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable hospital staff member who works directly with the Medical Director and medical support staff. Associate Veterinarians are expected to perform the gold standard in medicine while also providing exemplary service for both our clients and their beloved pets.
The Medical Director manages and oversees the day-to-day operations related to the medical care and treatment rendered to the patients of EYVC. Under the direction of the owner, the Medical Director will plan, direct, and coordinate medical activities as well as practice medicine as an Associate Veterinarian.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build rapport with clients by demonstrating exemplary communication skills; listening and empathizing skills are key
- Form and deliver pet diagnosis, treatment plans, and health care needs to clients
- Minimalize patient stress and discomfort while performing physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/dental/surgical procedures.
- Represent the hospital in a positive manner to the general public as well as the professional community
- Follow established protocols on maintenance of patient records
- Manage and supervise the medical operations of the hospital
- Supervise subordinates engaged in the care of patients
- Arrange and provide training to all incoming and existing associates
- Oversee and respond to questions, concerns, and complaints from pet owners
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Veterinary Medical License to Practice in Pennsylvania
- One year of Veterinary experience and/or as support staff during education (Associate Veterinarian); Five years of Veterinary experience and some supervisory /educator experience (Medical Director)
- References with longevity to be verified during background check
- Team player displaying exemplary interpersonal skills with clients and staff
- Employee relation skills – coaching, training, and morale/motivational
- Exemplary communication skills – both oral and written
- Time and task management (includes multi-tasking)
- Ability to make decisions in a confident and effective manner
- Dedication to patient care
- Opportunities to practice avian; reptile; pocket; backyard pets; and some wildlife medicine (not required)
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience and capability in a ProSal format
- Additional compensation for Medical Director duties
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Personal days off
- Employee discount
- Continued education allowance and days
- Future partnership potential
- License fees and dues
- Moving/signing bonus
Please send confidential inquiries, resume, availability, and contact information to listing.
Please include a cover letter explaining your areas of interest, strengths, and long term goals.