Holladay Animal Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah is looking for a full time, experienced associate veterinarian to join our growing team!
Holladay Veterinary Hospital is a 5-doctor, small animal, AAHA-accredited hospital located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah. We pride ourselves on our ability to connect with our clients on a personal level, creating a family atmosphere both with clients and co-workers. We place a strong emphasis on advanced dentistry as a part of annual wellness. We are open 7 days a week from 7am to 8pm with no on-call emergency duties. Our staff is made up of experienced receptionists and credentialed technicians who value teamwork and mutual respect. We also enjoy time off together including paint nights, baseball games and great food!
For more information, please visit our website at www.holladayveterinaryhospital.com.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
- Special focus on Advanced Dentistry with digital dental x-ray
- Digital x-ray
- Ultrasound - in-house stat
- Ultrasound - formal ultrasound/endoscopy capability through mobile provider
- Complete In-house Laboratory including Lasercyte, Coag Dx, Catalyst Dx, iStat
- Reference Laboratory including Idexx and Animal Reference Pathology
- Therapeutic K-laser
- Dedicated Surgical suite
- 4 Exam Rooms
- Excellent working relationship with local Emergency and Specialty Hospital
About Salt Lake City, UT:
Salt Lake City is the largest city in Utah and sits at the base of the Wasatch Mountain Range. We enjoy all four seasons but are famous for our unique snow. Within Salt Lake County there are 6,900 skiable acres with an average of 500 inches of snowfall at each ski resort, located just 30 minutes from the city. Hiking, boating and camping are also just minutes away. Salt Lake City is home to world class basketball and soccer teams, and was host of the 2002 Winter Olympics. Salt Lake offers many opportunities for a wide range of activities including multiple museums, varied local restaurants, high end shopping, farmer's markets, a healthy brew-pub community, many indoor/outdoor concert venues, and traveling Broadway Shows.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.