VCA Fort Worth Animal Medical Center is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our fast-paced, 24-hour emergency/critical care/general practice located in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
We’ve been serving the community for over 50 years! In this position you’ll drive our success as you drive your own—by using your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence and humility to heal pets. Along the way you’ll build a loyal client base and we’ll help you sharpen your edge through continuing education. And as a General Practitioner with VCA, you’ll have access to our brain trust of board certified Specialists, among the many resources of North America’s leader in veterinary medicine.
Our well-equipped facility includes AUS, Dopler, Endoscopy, Digital Radiography, Digital Dental Radiography, and Ultrasound.
Known as the “City of Cowboys and Culture,” Fort Worth features everything from beautifully-preserved frontier heritage sites and museums, to one of the top zoos in the country and even NASCAR! Named one of “America’s Most Livable Communities,” you’ll enjoy a great lifestyle in this friendly, safe and unique Southwestern city.
This position will work the important Day Shift, as well as serve our clients on weekends.
The Associate Veterinarian carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, fulfill VCA requirements for attending local VCA Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.