Detroit Dover Animal Hospital Inc. in Westlake, OH is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Detroit Dover Animal Hospital is a community based small animal practice that is proud to have served the west side of Cleveland since 1958. We are looking for an experienced associate to join our growing practice. Ideal candidates will possess terrific communications skills, a desire to practice the best veterinary medicine, and willingness to be part of our team.
As an AAHA accredited practice we strive to provide an excellent standard of care. We have five doctors and a highly trained support staff including several registered veterinary technicians specializing in customer service. Our doctors have varied casework, everything from standard Wellness and vaccine visits to Geriatric exams, Dental Care, Dermatology, Behavior, and disease management.
More information at http://detroitdoveranimalhospital.com/.
About Our Hospital
- State of the art radiology equipment: Digital Radiography and Dental Radiography with ability to consult with Board Certified Radiologist.
- Access to Mobile Ultrasound
- Designated surgical suite
- Up to date Surgical Monitoring and anesthetic equipment
- Reference Laboratory
- No overnight hours
- Excellent working relationship with the three Specialty Veterinary Hospitals in the area.
- Our Senior staff members have a wealth of knowledge and are more than willing to share that knowledge and discuss cases.
- We are willing to discuss new advancements in technique and pharmacology.
About Westlake, Ohio
Westlake is a growing community twenty minutes west of Cleveland Ohio. Located on beautiful Lake Erie it has all of the amenities of a large city such as art and history museums, professional sports teams, fabulous restaurants, but pastoral farmland and Cuyahoga National Park is within driving distance. There is plenty of opportunity for outdoor activity no matter the season. Whether you are a fan of Urban dwelling, Country living or the suburbs, this area has it all.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Strong surgical skills and an interest in orthopedics a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.