Countryside Pet Clinic in Andover, Kansas is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Countryside Pet Clinic located outside of Wichita, KS is a full service companion animal hospital offering our clients and pets preventative care, pain management, pet surgery, physical rehabilitation, a full veterinary laboratory and pharmacy. We also offer pet boarding and doggy daycare. We have a modern building with 4 exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, dental suite, and rehabilitation room, and run the newest version of AVI Mark to streamline the management of our client database. Our well trained personnel at our top quality facility ensure that dogs and cats will receive the best possible care!
For more information, please visit our website at: http://www.countrysidepetclinic.com.
Andover, Kansas is small town living at its best! With high-performing schools, structured residential growth, and a garden-concept industrial park, Andover is an ideal environment for growing a business and raising a family! Andover has over 6 acres of parks and close proximity to Wichita's northeast side shopping, entertainment, and dining!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Willingness to work occasional extended evening hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.